Happy Thursday Guys!!
I was combing through my drafted posts for today’s throwback and I discovered one I had started back when I was a Newly-New-Newlywed (HA!). I was a month in the game and was starting to see the light. Somethings have definitely changed now that we are over a year in but lets just focus on my thoughts at the time…
It’s been almost a month into a marriage I have to say that it has treated me well. Not sure how much I can share but I will run through what I can.
10 Revelations About Being Married… For a Month.
Note: Of course I have to be real with you- This post was never finished so there are only 6…*Covers Face*
- Your feelings for your husband/wife will change. Obviously in a good way. I think now that he is my husband, it is more intense.
- You are now obligated to pack your husbands lunch for work. Before, I could get away with this as he was still living the bachelor life BUT NOW… lol
- “Your money” is now “Our money”. I mean, I knew this before and started working towards it after our engagement but it got real for a minute. I wanted to buy a particular bag last week and Mr. said NO! Don’t misinterpret this; after the wedding, comes reality. Reality means that we have bills to pay and WE have to pay them.
- Communication is Key. This is true in any relationship… business, friendships etc. But it is a little different since getting married. Because most of our lives were separate, lapses in communication could slide without notice. Now a lapse in communication could mean, double groceries in the house or no groceries at all.
- Responsibilities should be but are not always equally shared. I am better at somethings than he is and vice versa. If we split everything down the middle, we wouldn’t have the best.
- Marriage weight is real. I lost a few pounds during the planning phases of the wedding but after the wedding… I did not care. I ate bread like I drank
waterjuice. Even after cautioning, I still found myself eating larger portions than before. One night, I finished a regular sized entrée. That never happens. Even with salads.
This is where I stopped… What revelations did you have during your first month- or even year- of marriage? When can you consider yourself a marriage vet and how soon can I add that title to my resume?