During July 4th weekend. We decided to brave the movies as a family. Yup, that’s one momma, one poppa, one Grandma and one baby. The most important thing you have to know about having a schedule with a baby is that there really is no schedule. HA! You could be right on time to leave the house then Bam! Diaper Blow Out!! – You’re knocked back 20mins. In this case we were only 10mins behind.
Alas, even if we had gotten to our regular theatre 10mins early, we would have still been S.O.L. the movie was sold out.
Lucky for us, Baltimore county is populated with many theatres. Another 15min drive and we arrived at a far less exciting but far less packed option.
Now for the timeline of events:
- 30mins to Showtime – We bought tickets and because this was an out of the way theatre (and it was monday) we were able to select the perfect seats- In the middle towards the back. That is the sweet spot for me 🙂
- 20mins to showtime – Micah is capturing the hearts of everyone that crosses his path. An older woman and her daughter sit in front of us. We apologize in advance and she proceeds to tell us that she is a new grandma herself so we have no worries. She knows how it is.
- 10mins to showtime – We pose for a snapchat photo and I ask for a prayer.
- Showtime 4:05– The lights start to dim and Micah lets out a protest or two. Sigh. At this point the promos start and I realize that he might not be as ready to settle in as I thought. Quick thinking takes me to the aisle where we start bouncing.
- 4:15 – As predicted, Micah started crying. Mama that I am, I whip out the boob.The theatre is dark so I do this sans cover/shawl *hipster* lol
- 4:25 – After the boob. After burping and after a few bounces Micah still cries. We just couldn’t get comfortable in those seats and I don’t blame him. Our first movie choice would have been better. Engr passes me the pacifier but it doesn’t work so…
- 4:30 – I am racing out my seat and out the showroom. Thank God for my boba wrap. With a few retwists, Micah is secured to my chest. We stop for popcorn and back into the theatre we go.Off to get Popcorn…
- 4:50 – I don’t think I’ve missed much. I am standing in the aisle near the door eating popcorn, two stepping and bouncing around. I ate the whole small bag of popcorn and finally… Baby sleeps.
- 5:00 – Micah is still strapped to my chest but we are back in our seats. Because he is much longer now, I have to sit in my seat at a weird angle. The seats don’t move so this is not the most comfortable. My chiropractor is gonna be pissed.
- 5:50 – Micah is still sleeping… Yay! But so is Momma.
- 6:30p – I finally wake up to see … Superhero victory and movie credits.
Clearly the battle I was meant to face had nothing to do with the baby so I will admit defeat.
Dark Theatre 1 – Sleepy Momma – 0
Waiting for the movie to begin… excuse my blurry iphone lol
What experiences have you had with a baby. Have you taken him/her where you know shouldn’t have? What was the out come… I’m so curious. LOL